Halloween is a fun time of year to experiment with dry ice to create a multitude of spooky recipes and effects such as witches brews, crawling bubbles and spooky pumpkins. Dry ice can be dangerous if handled improperly. Please follow these safety tips when handling dry ice this Halloween season:

Do Not Touchskeleton safety

Dry ice is extremely cold (-109 degrees F/-78.5 degrees C) and is a skin irritant. Avoid contact with the skin by wearing protective gloves and using tongs to handle chunks of dry ice.

Do Not Eat

Dry ice is harmful if eaten or swallowed. Seek help immediately if dry ice is ingested.

Do Not Place in Airtight Containers or Confined Spaces

Airtight containers may explode as dry ice converts to CO2 gas and can lead to suffocation if stored in confined spaces.

Keep Out of Reach of Children!

Be safe this Halloween season by following these safety tips. Click here for our Halloween Dry Ice Safety flyer. Additional dry ice safe handling information can be found here.

For additional Halloween experiments and recipes visit our website here. If you are having trouble finding dry ice please use our dry ice locator to find the Continental Carbonic location nearest to you.