Continental Carbonic has the capacity to produce over 3,200 tons per day of carbon dioxide liquid. A large percentage of this liquid carbon dioxide is converted to dry ice. However, we also sell liquid carbon dioxide via bulk delivery to commercials users. The most common commercial uses of liquid carbon dioxide are:
- Refrigeration and freezing in food processing and production
- Shield gas in welding applications to prevent weld oxidation
- pH balance in water treatment plants
- Fire suppression systems
- Plant growth stimulation in greenhouses
- Enhanced oil recovery of oil and gas wells
Our fleet of specialized liquid carbon dioxide tank trucks delivers around the clock to a variety of customers.